If you are on this page you are no doubt upset and frustrated with the inability to have comfortable, enjoyable pain-free sex. Painful sex is more common than you may realize, and there is treatment and hope.
Dr. Stephanie Buehler is nationally recognized for her work with women and men with chronic pelvic pain and sexual pain disorders such as:
- Vaginismus (spasm of the vagina that prevents penetration)
- Painful intercourse (dyspareunia)
- Vulvodynia (pain in the area surrounding the entrance to the vagina)
- Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder (PGAD)
- Interstitial cystitis (painful bladder syndrome)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Pain after cancer treatment
- Pain after labor or C-section
- Prostatitis (male pain disorder)
- Pudendal neuralgia
We have no “program” for these conditions. Our approach is highly individualized and specifically tailored to you. Treatment is based on current research in the field and may include a few or all of the following:
- Education about the pelvic floor
- Relaxation techniques
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Couples therapy
- Sex therapy
Dr. Buehler is associated with Womanology/REstore Him at Hoag Hospital. She is a member of the International Pelvic Pain Society; the International Society for the Study of Female Sexual Health; and Pelvic Floor/Sexual Medicine of Southern California.
Although the Institute does not bill insurance, we can provide you with a receipt that you can file with your insurance company, and any possible reimbursement would come directly to you rather than to our office.
We are here to help. You do not have to suffer alone, nor continue trying to figure this out only to face frustration after frustration. Please call 800-769-0342 to set up an initial appointment today.